Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Lee Women's Hospital Taichung

So I recently started my IVF cycle and decided to do it in Taichung this time. I started my stims last week and noticed that they're giving me a much higher dosage in comparison to my previous IVFs in Mackay. The first 5 days, I was on 150IU or Gonal-F and 75IU of Menopur. For days 8 and 9 though, Dr. Lee increased my Gonal-F to 225IU and replaced Menopur with Saizen. I've never heard of Saizen before so I googled it and found out that it's used mostly to improve egg quality. This is probably something that I really need! I really hope and pray that my follicles continue to grow!

Dr. Lee also recommended that I do a Preimplantation Genetic Screening, which would be an additional 65,000NTD. This is a lot of money but he says that through this, they can look a lot closer into the embryo and distinguish the normal from the abnormal ones that will probably end in miscarriage. Since I really don't want to have to go through the pain of having another miscarriage, we decided to go with it. I hope everything works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment