Friday, March 3, 2017

Pregnancy test result!

Baby's first photo

Almost 5 months ago, October 15th, I was in my hotel room while my husband was sound asleep beside me. I tossed and I turned, trying to get at least a couple hours’ sleep. I don’t know if it was the feeling of excitement or anxiousness that kept me up that night. The previous day, I already bought a home pregnancy test so I could test early in the morning before I had to do it in the hospital. I guess I just wanted to be ready, whatever the result would be. With only 1-2 hours worth of sleep, that morning, I wait for the pregnancy test to tell me my fate. I was ready whatever it was. If it turns out to be negative, I already told my husband that we’d come back in January/February for another round. Of course, I was trying to still be positive. I take a deep breath and look at the result. Positive. We were pregnant! 

Positive!

I was also pregnant 2 years before this pregnancy and it ended in a blighted ovum so I was praying that this time around, it would be different. I prayed that this would really be it. Having to go through a blighted ovum or a miscarriage was just so hard. I didn’t want to go through anything like that again. We went to the hospital that morning and they had me take 2 more pregnancy tests. Both were positive. We took photos with Dr. Lee and said our thank you’s and goodbyes as we were scheduled to go home the next working day. We took home boxes and boxes of Crinone , which was supposed to help baby stick. I also had to continue taking Duphaston and Estradiol until my 10th week. 

I guess one of the happiest days of my life was seeing my baby and being able to hear his heartbeat for the first time. I just couldn’t believe I was pregnant and my baby had a heartbeat! It was just a lot to process. It seems weird because we had been waiting to get pregnant for 8 long years and once it really happened, it still took a while to sink in. It reminded me how amazing God is. We had egg retrieval twice, had 25 eggs, only 1 survived to Day 5, that embryo turned out to be normal, I had just 1 embryo transferred to me and now, 1 baby in my tummy. I remember Dr. Lee telling us that our embryo was only of average quality and there was a 30-40% chance of pregnancy. But you know what, God had an amazing plan for us. He truly wanted us to be parents. 


I’m now on my 24th week of pregnancy. 16 weeks to go until we meet our baby boy. Just a couple of months to go before we become a family. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment