Saturday, June 21, 2014

Doing the IVF in Taiwan

Earlier this year, I was determined to have my IVF treatment done in the Philippines. Mainly because I thought it would be more convenient. I wouldn't have to spend a month away from work and stay in a strange place.

But then again, deciding to undergo an IVF treatment means spending a whole lot of money over a treatment that doesn't guarantee a 100% success rate. In fact, in the Philippines, the success rate is a little under 50%. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I thought that I'd spend it on a hospital/doctor with a much better success rate. That's when I researched and I came across Mackay Memorial Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan. It also helped that a week before I was scheduled to leave for Taipei for my initial consultation, they held an IVF reunion in Makati Shangri-la to meet new patients and catch up on those who've already undergone treatment with them. I must say it was very inspirational to hear the stories first-hand. After attending that talk, I just knew that I had to take the opportunity to do it in Mackay.

No comments:

Post a Comment