Friday, August 1, 2014

This is *almost* it

Had yet another ultrasound today and Dr. Lee asked me to have a blood test to check my Estradiol level. Upon googling, I found out that the Estradiol blood test is a way to find out if a woman is responding to fertility treatment.

I had to take the blood test before 8:30am because the result doesn't come out until 3 hours later. This means that Dr. Lee can still check the result before giving me the medications I would need for the next few days. Dr. Lee told me that the fertility treatment was working well and that my body was responding to the treatment. I breathe a huge sigh of relief upon hearing this. :) Dr. Lee also told me that since my follicles were growing steadily, I would need to take another shot that prevents my follicles/eggs from bursting, or at least that's what I understood out of the explanation.

Check out how my follicles grew from Day 3. This is a form that is given to you when you start having your IVF treatment. Every time you have a consultation with Dr. Lee and an ultrasound, you have to make sure that you bring this form.


Dr. Lee also told me that my ovum pickup will probably be on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on my ultrasound result when I see him again on Monday, August 4. This is it. I am both excited and really, really nervous. I hope I grow many beautiful eggs. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this blog. I feel you pain, please hang in there. There is still hope, please do not give up. Your blog has helped me better manage my expectations for the treatment. I will be going later this month to see Dr Lee too for my first treatment. Keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting a comment. Yes, I haven't given up just yet. Just encountered a bump on the road. :) We'll try again around November. Best of luck to you on your journey.:) Just think positive and don't stress yourself out. It also helps if you think of it as a vacation for you and your spouse. :) Glad my posts helped! Will try to blog more about Taipei. :)

    ReplyDelete